- First off, if you're looking to join Faction Warfare, Susan Black's written up a brief guide on the process, with notes on some gotchas a potential recruit should consider.
- Following up on that, Susan also has a pretty good guide about how to go about capturing complexes, while My Loot Your Tears details how to make money off the effort.
- However, if you've done Faction Warfare before, you might find this breakdown of the recent updates more useful, though even if you're new, it's still quite useful.
- You'll want to keep an eye on what's happening in the warzone, and who controls what systems. The easiest way to do that is via dotlan, which keeps API-updated maps on the Amarr vs. Minmatar warzone, as well as the Caldari vs. Gallente.
- One thing the dotlan maps don't show particularly well, though, are the systems where the Faction Warfare corporations have offices (and, thus, where you can trade in Loyalty Points and pick up missions). Luckily, there are static maps for that, one for Minmatar-Amarr, and one for Caldari-Gallente.
Knowing Who to Shoot At
As with any other PvP activity, one of the most important things you need to do is make sure your Overview isn't completely useless. I found very little on this initially, and simply muddled around with the PvP overviews I was already using, with a few changes in the priority of displayed information. Although fairly basic, this image (which I was shown quite a bit later) is a decent starting point for new pilots adjusting their overview settings -- every little bit helps.
... and that's about it. There are a few guides from sites like Eve University that I haven't mentioned, but they're easy enough to dig up, and honestly don't add much in my opinion. If you want to check them out, I'm sure you can find them.