2014-02-05

It's none of my business, but...


I'm certainly not the best pilot in Eve. I have it on good authority that I'm not even among the top ten thousand.

Top twenty thousand, even. Fine.

Still, there are times when I feel I've got some expertise to share.

Over the last couple days, I've had the opportunity to send the following evemail, twice.

Twice.

Subject: It's none of my business, but...
From: Ty Delaney
Sent: 2014.02.05 06:59

If you're going to fly hookbills at extremely close range, you really should consider rockets instead of light missile launchers. Rockets are a shorter range, harder hitting, and a slightly easier-to-fit weapon system for missile frigates.

If you switch in rocket launchers, you shouldn't need so many CPU and Powergrid fittings and rigs (certainly not three), which should make the whole ship work better for you. You might even be able to fit a medium shield extender instead of a small.

Oh, I almost forgot, probably use an afterburner instead of a microwarpdrive if you're going to fight at close range on the complex warp-ins.

Cheers.

I mean... yeah, fine, I'm giving advice to the enemy. Yes. Also, the crap they have to do to make this terrible fitting fit means his ship costs fifty percent more than a properly fit ship with better modules, so that looks nice on the killboard.

But this guy numbers his ships, and the number at the end of his clever little ship name is climbing pretty quickly. Dude's going to stop playing if keeps getting curbstomped all the time, and then who will I fight?

(I did get a sweet little 1v1 later that partially* restored my faith in people's ability to fit a decent hookbill. He still died, but that's another post for another day.)

No comments: