2013-02-15

Life in Eve: Losing While Winning

This is one of those blog posts that says "I haven't been writing about playing Eve very much, because of how much I've been playing Eve."

So, yeah. Pretty much that. Despite Em being out of town and Shan being pretty busy and Dirk and me both dealing with the academic tsunami, the corp has stayed pretty active, and we've added a few new pilots -- many of them former wormhole pilots looking for something with a bit more 'instant-on' kind of gameplay. We've all been learning a lot (especially me).

It's a good time to be flying internet spaceships.


This isn't to say we aren't blowing up hilariously on a pretty regular basis, but given that we're flying basic frigates and destroyers right now, that hasn't actually been a very crippling issue -- when we look back at an evening's hijinx and see that any one of the enemy ships we destroyed represents twice the value of all the ships we lost, it's easy to feel productive. The corp has destroyed 50 billion isk worth of enemy ships since joining the war.

It can still be a little demoralizing to run through a lot of ships in a single night (I build my Slasher attack frigates in packs of 10 right now), but with a little practice you learn to deal with it and focus on the fun.

"Hey guys! I got a new ship! It's really swee--"


One of our pilots commented "I've killed more ships just in February, so far, than I did in the two years I played Eve up to this point."

Maybe that doesn't sound like fun to everyone, but it definitely is for us, the pilots we fly with, and (I assume) the pilots we fly against. Sometimes the explosions are ours. Sometimes theirs. Often, both. These things happen. Sorry you broke your ship.

Get in something cheap, and let's go again.

No comments: