2013-04-29

Eve Forever

I have trouble explaining to my non-Eve-playing gamer friends what it is about the game that I find so compelling. It's everything. It's one little thing. It's that other little thing that I love, except when I hate it. It's the people, because they're awesome. It's the people, because they're horrible.

It's... complicated.

I've been playing for two and a half years, and I still find myself sort of chuckling every few days as I mutter "I am so bad at this game." I just try to enjoy the time I have and do better than the day before. There are worse things to take away from a game, I guess.

However.

If I am asked to explain it - to sum up the backstory, or to convey the adrenaline dump from a good fight, or the goosebumps I get when I catch a glimpse of the sheer scope of a game created as much by the players as the company - from here on out, I'm just going to show people the Origins video.

No comments: